Custom Search

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

All About Me


A great way for children to share something about themselves (and to boost their self confidence) is to send home a lunch bag with the following note stapled to it:  All About Me Bag
        As part of our theme "all about me," we would like to welcome the children to share things about themselves with their classmates. Find 3-5 things that represent your child and place them in the bag. Some ideas may include an object that is their favorite color, or a label/package from their favorite food, or something they may collect. Please make sure it fits in the bag! We will be sharing these bags with the other children during group this week. You may bring them in any day this week! We look forward to learning more about your child!


All About Me Book

What you need:
• 5 pieces of white construction paper per child
• magazines
• blue, green, and red paint
• crayons
• glue sticks
• circle template (located in template tab)
• hole puncher
• yarn

What to do:

Day 1:  Trace circle onto 1st piece of construction paper and have children draw a self portrait using crayons.

Day 2: Make a collage using pictures children cut from magazines (why not get in some cutting skills?) of items children like; favorite foods,colors etc and glue onto the second page.

Day 3: Trace circle onto 3rd piece of paper and using the blue and green paint have the children "dip" their index finger into the paint and put their fingerprints inside the circle. Write the words "My Fingerprints are Different from everyone in the world"

Day 4: using the red paint (or any other color the child may prefer) paint the child's hand and place on the paper. Write "I am Special"

Day 5: The last page you will list the following;
My Name Is____________________________
I am _____ years old
My Birthday is___________________________
My Favorite Color is_______________________
My Favorite Food is_______________________
I Like to ________________________________
I Don't Like______________________________
I Have ______ brothers and _____ Sisters
I Have a pet_______________________________

~ When all the pages are completed, punch 3 holes along the edge of all the papers and tie yarn through all the holes in the pages to make a book.


I'm Glad To Be Me  (poem)

No one Looks the way I do,
I've noticed that its true.
No one walks the way I walk,
No one talks the way I talk.
No one plays the way I play,
No one says the things I say.
I am special, I am me,
There's no one else I'd rather be!


                                                                      
                                                                    

No comments: